Seagate Enterprise Performance 15K HDD HDD 900GB SAS internal hard drive
Seagate Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs improve your TCO for faster time-to-data for transaction-based applications.
- With capacity options of 900 GB, 600 GB and 300 GB, you never have to trade performance for affordable capacity
- Accelerates I/O operations and completes more transactions faster — for OLTP, big data analytics and data warehousing — even during peak demand
- Industry-leading read caching with Seagate TurboBoost technology for optimum response times and Advanced Write Caching for the industry’s highest mission-critical storage workload efficiency
- Versatility is key. Choose 512n format or a new Fast Format feature for advanced formats (4Kn and 512e) and simplified integration into all data centres
- Data-at-rest is protected with Seagate Secure technology (SED, SED-FIPS and Common Criteria) as defined by the AES-256 standard (TCP)1,2
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs Are Ideal For:
Building high-performance servers that can manage multiple transactions quickly, resulting in faster response times while providing economical storage capacity.
- Building high-performance servers, which can manage multiple transactions quickly, and providing economical storage capacity
- Reducing latencies for significantly faster, predictable response times
- Creating blade, rack or tower SAS servers hosting transaction-based applications
- Delivering solutions for power- and space-constrained data centres
- Upgrading systems for increased data security and easy drive retirement
- Efficiently managing database applications at an economical cost-per-GB
Maximise Read and Write Performance
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs enable faster transaction processing by improving both sequential and random performance through Seagate’s enhanced caching feature.
- Up to 27% increase in sequential data rate and up to 100% faster random write performance 1
- Up to 10× faster response times in real-world workloads thanks to Seagate’s enhanced caching technology
- Traditional NAND and advanced caching algorithms promote hot data with up to 3× improvement over the previous generation
- Delivers highest consistently reliable performance with a MTBF (mean time between failures) rating of 2M hours
Reduce System Complexity
Enterprise Performance 15K HDD reduces storage complexity by helping to streamline design, qualification and support efforts while supporting legacy systems and future growth, including SSD interoperability initiatives.
- Fast Format feature for advanced formats (4Kn and 512e) simplifies infrastructure management
- Multiple capacities and formats makes integration easy in current and future systems
- Consistently handles real-world workloads while reducing complexity and helping to transition to SSD technology
- PowerChoice dynamically maximises energy efficiency — reducing power and helping to lower cooling costs while enabling higher density
- Widely accepted, proven sixth-generation technology for reliable and consistent data access
Seagate Secure Technology AND Data Security Options
Enterprise Performance 15K HDDs combine unsurpassed reliability and data protection with industry-leading security features.
Seagate Secure solutions enable data-at-rest security and helps comply with corporate and federal data security mandates
SED-FIPS/Common Criteria options help secure Sensitive but Unclassified and Protected class data
Delivers more consistent performance (up to 27% SDR over previous generation) while protecting data from corruption due to unexpected power loss
Protection Information (PI) technology to help protect data integrity
Seagate Instant Secure Erase for easy drive retirement eliminates the need to physically destroy hard drives
|Manufacturer Part Number||ST900MP0146|
|Hard Drive Capacity||900 GB|
We use a variety of courier companies to ensure we get your parcels to you in the most efficient and environmentally friendly way possible.
Once we have prepared your order for despatch, you will receive an email including your tracking number and link to track delivery.
Prices exclude VAT. Orders must be placed and funds cleared by 3:30pm.
Orders placed after 3:30pm, on a weekend or bank holiday will be processed on the next business day.
Our Carriers require a signature on delivery; please ensure someone will be available to sign. Alternatively they may leave a card with details of how to rearrange delivery or a request for collection from their depot. Any carrier charges for redelivery will be passed on to the purchaser. Refused deliveries will be charged the return delivery fee to our warehouse.
If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as "UNCHECKED" and report any damage to us with 48 hours. Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
*Subject to stock location and availability. Customers must hold a pre-approved ‘same day’ registered account.
New sealed/unopened box with full manufacturers’ warranty. All accessories and documentation present.
Full manufacturer's warranty. Only essential accessories included. Bulk products are as new but have been re-boxed to cut down on packaging and shipping costs. Ideal when purchasing in quantities, less waste and less time un-boxing.
New Open Box
New and unused product. The product may be missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened or is no longer sealed. Limited 1-year warranty unless specified otherwise. Maybe missing documentation.
New parts intended as field replacements. Will not usually come with any documentation or accessories but can be much cheaper than buying new retail products. Recommended when replacing like-for-like.
Re-manufactured by Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Offer the same reliability and performance, but at least 15% cheaper than buying new. Covered by the full same-as-new HPE warranty starting from the date of purchase – the same warranty offered with new HPE products.
Professionally cleaned, refurbished and soak tested by our certified in house experts. Disk drives are securely erased to US DoD 5220.22-M standards. Firmware is updated to the latest where applicable. We provide a 3 month warranty on refurbished servers and 90 days warranty on all other components.
These products are untested, obscure and require specific equipment to test. Sold as is, but we do offer a 30 day DOA warranty. See the product overview for item specifics.