HPE E5500-24-PoE Switch Managed L2 Power over Ethernet (PoE) Silver
HPE E5500 switches deliver premium levels of performance, security, and reliability for robust switching at the enterprise network edge. The series consists of Layer 2/3/4 Fast Ethernet and Power over Ethernet switches, with advanced features that can accommodate the most demanding applications. They offer resilient and secure connectivity and the latest traffic-prioritization technologies to optimize applications on converged networks. Designed for maximum flexibility and scalability, they come with 24 or 48 10/100 ports, plus four active SFP-based Gigabit Ethernet ports for stacking and uplinks. They can be stacked up to eight units high in one location-or distributed over several sites up to 70 km (43.5 miles) apart and connected via Gigabit links to form a virtual "stack." One stack can provide up to 384 Fast Ethernet ports and may be managed centrally as a single-IP entity.
- Enterprise-level performance;
- High availability for critical applications;
- Future-proof, standards-based switching;
- Multi-layer security.
Quality of Service (QoS)
- Traffic prioritization (IEEE 802.1p): allows real-time traffic classification into eight priority levels mapped to eight queues;
- Class of Service (CoS): sets the IEEE 802.1p priority tag based on IP address, IP Type of Service (ToS), Layer 3 protocol, TCP/UDP port number, source port, and DiffServ;
- Rate limiting: sets per-port ingress enforced maximums and per-port, per-queue guaranteed minimums.
- Rate limiting: provides per-port, ingress-based enforced bandwidth maximums;
- Guaranteed minimums: provides per-port, per-queue egress-based guaranteed bandwidth minimums.
- Secure Web GUI: provides a secure, easy-to-use graphical interface for configuring the module via HTTPS;
- Command-line interface (CLI): provides a secure, easy-to-use command-line interface for configuring the module via SSH or a switch console; provides direct real-time session visibility;
- SNMPv1, v2c, and v3: facilitate centralized discovery, monitoring, and secure management of networking devices;
- 3Com-heritage Comware V3 Operating System: CLI and Web user interface in common with HPE E4XXX and E55XX series switches;
- Port mirroring: enables traffic on a port to be simultaneously sent to a network analyzer for monitoring.
- Auto-MDIX: automatically adjusts for straight-through or crossover cables on all 10/100 ports;
- IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE): provides up to 15.4 W per port to IEEE 802.3af-compliant PoE-powered devices such as IP phones, wireless access points, and security cameras;
- Gigabit uplinks: dual-personality ports for either 10/100/1000 or mini-GBIC SFP connectivity for increased connectivity flexibility.
- RMON (remote monitoring): provides advanced monitoring and reporting capabilities for statistics, history, alarms, and events;
- Dual flash images: provides independent primary and secondary operating system files for backup while upgrading;
- Full-featured console: provides complete control of the switch with a familiar command-line interface (CLI);
- Web interface: allows configuration of the switch from any Web browser on the network;
- Multiple configuration files: allow multiple configuration files to be stored to flash image;
- Software updates: free downloads from the Web;
- Advanced stacking: locally connect up to eight E5500 switches using Gigabit ports and manage as a single entity; improves resiliency by spreading aggregated links across multiple stacked units;
- Virtual stacking capability: single IP address management for a virtual stack of up to 255 Comware-based 3Com legacy devices, including HPE E4XXX and E55XX series switches.
Layer 2 switching
- VLAN support and tagging: support IEEE 802.1Q, with 4094 simultaneous VLAN IDs;
- GARP VLAN Registration Protocol (GVRP): allows automatic learning and dynamic assignment of VLANs;
- Jumbo packet support: supports up to 9220-byte frame size to improve performance of large data transfers;
- IEEE 802.1ad QinQ: increases the scalability of an Ethernet network by providing a hierarchical structure; connects multiple LANs on a high-speed campus or metro network.
Layer 3 routing
- Layer 3 IP routing: provides routing of IP at media speed; supports static routes, RIP, RIPv2, and OSPF;
- OSPF-ECMP (Equal-Cost Multipath): enables multiple equal-cost links in OSPF environment to increase link redundancy and scale bandwidth.
- Access control lists (ACLs): provide IP Layer 3 filtering based on source/destination IP address/subnet and source/destination TCP/UDP port number;
- RADIUS/TACACS+: eases switch management security administration by using a password authentication server;
- Secure Shell (SSHv2): encrypts all transmitted data for secure, remote command-line interface (CLI) access over IP networks;
- IEEE 802.1X and RADIUS network logins: control port-based access for authentication and accountability;
- Port security: allows access only to specified MAC addresses, which can be learned or specified by the administrator Switch management logon security: can require either RADIUS or TACACS+ authentication for secure switch CLI logon;
- Secure management access: securely encrypts all access methods (CLI, GUI, or MIB) through SSHv2, SSL, and/or SNMPv3;
- Custom banner: displays security policy when users log in to the switch;
- Management password: provides security so that only authorized access to the Web browser interface is allowed;
- DHCP protection: blocks DHCP packets from unauthorized DHCP servers, preventing denial-of-service attacks;
- Dynamic ARP protection: blocks ARP broadcasts from unauthorized hosts, preventing eavesdropping or theft of network data;
- Automatic VLAN assignment: automatically assigns users to the appropriate VLAN based on their identity and location and the time of day Secure Web management with HTTPS and SSL: encrypts all HTTP traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch.
- LLDP-MED (Media Endpoint Discovery): is a standard extension of LLDP that stores values for parameters such as QoS and VLAN to automatically configure network devices such as IP phones;
- IEEE 802.1AB Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP): is an automated device discovery protocol for easy mapping by network management applications;
- Automated voice VLAN assignment: recognizes IP phones and automatically assigns voice traffic to a dedicated VLAN for IP phones.
|Manufacturer||Hewlett Packard Enterprise|
|Manufacturer Part Number||JE105A|
We use a variety of courier companies to ensure we get your parcels to you in the most efficient and environmentally friendly way possible.
Once we have prepared your order for despatch, you will receive an email including your tracking number and link to track delivery.
Prices include VAT. Orders must be placed and funds cleared by 3:30pm.
Orders placed after 3:00pm, on a weekend or bank holiday will be processed on the next business day.
Our Carriers require a signature on delivery; please ensure someone will be available to sign. Alternatively they may leave a card with details of how to rearrange delivery or a request for collection from their depot. Any carrier charges for redelivery will be passed on to the purchaser. Refused deliveries will be charged the return delivery fee to our warehouse.
If the package does not appear to be in good condition then please refuse the delivery. If you are unable to check the contents of your delivery at the point of delivery then please sign for the parcel as "UNCHECKED" and report any damage to us with 48 hours. Failure to do so may affect any warranty claims that you make thereafter.
*Subject to stock location and availability. Customers must hold a pre-approved ‘same day’ registered account.
New sealed/unopened box with full manufacturers’ warranty. All accessories and documentation present.
Full manufacturer's warranty. Only essential accessories included. Bulk products are as new but have been re-boxed to cut down on packaging and shipping costs. Ideal when purchasing in quantities, less waste and less time un-boxing.
New Open Box
New and unused product. The product may be missing its original packaging, or the original packaging has been opened or is no longer sealed. Limited 1-year warranty unless specified otherwise. Maybe missing documentation.
New parts intended as field replacements. Will not usually come with any documentation or accessories but can be much cheaper than buying new retail products. Recommended when replacing like-for-like.
Re-manufactured by Hewlett Packard Enterprise. Offer the same reliability and performance, but at least 15% cheaper than buying new. Covered by the full same-as-new HPE warranty starting from the date of purchase – the same warranty offered with new HPE products.
Professionally cleaned, refurbished and soak tested by our certified in house experts. Disk drives are securely erased to US DoD 5220.22-M standards. Firmware is updated to the latest where applicable. We provide a 3 month warranty on refurbished servers and 90 days warranty on all other components.
These products are untested, obscure and require specific equipment to test. Sold as is, but we do offer a 30 day DOA warranty. See the product overview for item specifics.